Fire Breaks Out in New Britain Apartment | NBC Connecticut

Fire Breaks Out in New Britain Apartment



    Kamila Kaczmarczyk

    Officials are responding to a building fire at 229 Broad Street in New Britain.

    The fire broke out in a second-story apartment Wednesday evening and has since been knocked down. It's not clear if anyone was inside the building when the fire started.

    The bottom floor of the building is occupied by an electronics store called Jay's Communications. An employee said the store did not sustain any damage.

    One apartment was destroyed and several others received smoke damage, firefighters said.

    Firefighters at the scene said no one was injured in the blaze.

    No additional information was immediately available.

    View Larger Map