Fire Causes Heavy Damage in Milford

By LeAnne Gendreau and Nader Abu-Rabei
|  Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013  |  Updated 3:09 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Fire Causes Heavy Damage in Milford

NBCConnecticut.com

Fire caused heavy damage to a house in Milford on Tuesday.

advertisement

A firefighter was taken to the hospital while responding to a fire that appears to have caused heavy damage to a house in Milford.

The fire at 35 Centennial Drive was reported around 11 a.m.

WPLR radio posted on its Web site that Chaz, a popular DJ with of Chaz and A.J., saved a dog from the burning home.

Fire officials said a neighbor rescued the dog, but did not confirm the name of the neighbor.

The fire appears to have started in the garage area.

When firefighters arrived, there was already heavy smoke.

The firefighter who required medical assistance is OK, officials said.

The family was not at home at the time the fire started.

The fire marshal will rule on the exact cause of the fire.

Chaz and AJ posted video of the fire on their Facebook site.
 

Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out