Crews Respond to 3rd Bomb Threat at Bristol School in a Week

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBCConnecticut.com
    Northeast Middle School Bristol was dismissed after a student found a note with a bomb scare.

    Northeast Middle School in Bristol has been evacuated and students have been sent home after a student found a note that said a bomb would go off.

    Emergency crews received the first call at 12:34 p.m. and responded to the school at 530 Stevens Street.

    No injuries are reported.

    The state police bomb squad was called to help search the building. Bristol’s Criminal Investigation Division is also at the scene to investigate the incident.

    Student Jason Tompkins was in math class doing an assignment when he heard what he thought was a fire drill call.

    "First I thought it was a regular drill cuz something happened yesterday," he said Tuesday.

    One parent said she was not contacted about the incident.

    "I understand the officials at the school are busy but how come the people at the Board of Ed couldn't pick up the phone and call us parents," Diane Carrozza said. "They do it for everything else, call us for everything else."

    Student Hannah Richards was concerned to hear of another bomb threat at a Bristol school.

    "I was worried cuz there was already a bomb threat in all the other schools," Richards said. "Then they have to go to school the next day. I don't really mind right now cuz we're leaving.

    This is the third bomb threat at schools in Bristol since the last week.

    That, Richards' mother, Shannon said, is "very scary."

    On May 27, Bristol Central High School was dismissed after a student found a note on a desk that said a bomb would go off. The school was evacuated and students were sent home for the day.

    Two days later, Bristol Eastern High School was evacuated when a student received a text with a bomb threat. Students were also sent home for the day.

    Police have investigated each incident.