Ingredients (Makes about 8 blintzes)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter-melted (half of a stick)
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Pinch salt
- Vegetable spray as needed
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and butter. Sift together the flour and salt. Add the egg mixture to the flour and whisk just until combined. Let batter rest 30 minutes covered in refrigerator before making crepes.
- To make crepes, heat an 8-inch non-stick pan over medium heat, spray with vegetable spray to lightly coat pan. Add about 2 Tbsp. of batter and immediately rotate pan rolling so the batter covers the entire bottom surface of the pan with a thin film. (This may take a few times of practice, but there will be extra batter) When lightly browned, gently flip over and cook for another 8 seconds. Remove from pan, repeat with other crepes to have a total of 8 or more crepes. Meanwhile, prepare filling and berries.
- 1/2 Lb. Mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest - (finely grated peel of lemon, yellow part only)
- 2 Cups fresh berries - any favorite mix, cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine the first two ingredients in a bowl, and mix to combine, reserve to stuff crepes. For the berries, combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving to allow the berries to create their own syrup.
- Lay the crepes out on table, place an equal amount of the filling at the center and mound into a cylinder shape. Fold the sides of the crepes in and roll the crepe over the filling into a flat cylinder shape. Serve as is with the berries, or each can be gently cooked in a lightly buttered pan to lightly brown them before topping with syrup. Can garnish with whipped cream or ice cream and powdered sugar.
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.edu