- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch thick strips
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, chopped
- 1 Tsp. ginger, grated or chopped finely
- 1 Tsp. garlic, chopped finely
- 2 cups snow peas, strings removed
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- As needed: water to thin the sauce, toasted sesame seeds and crispy Asian noodles for garnish
- Whisk together the cornstarch, egg and vegetable oil until smooth. Add the sliced chicken and marinate the chicken with the cornstarch, egg and oil for one hour or overnight under refrigeration.
- Heat a saute pan or wok on medium-high heat. Add the second measure of vegetable oil to pan and add the chicken, cooking for about one minute on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the scallions, ginger and garlic.
- Cook stirring for about 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the snow peas, tossing to evenly cook. Cook for about one minute, stirring.
- Return the chicken back to pan, add the hoisin sauce. Toss until everything is coated well with the sauce. Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!