In this economy, we can learn a lot from college students. For instance, important life lessons such as how to spend your money on booze instead of food.
We scoured the state to find the hot spots where you can get more bang for your (lack of a) buck.
Here are our top picks. Send us your finds here.
- Feast for Free: Apricots Restaurant in Farmington has something different every day for free from 6-10 p.m. Check it out on Thursdays for free honey ham or Fridays for free turkey. Why turkey? Why not?
- Thirsty Thursday: Weekends kick off on Thursdays at Madeira Bar and Lounge in Stamford. From 6-8 p.m., you can enjoy free appetizers while you put down $2 house drinks and $3 beers. No, that's not a typo -- $2 house drinks.
- Friday Feasts: Happy hour at Cloud 9 Lounge in Hartford rocks on Friday nights. From 6-8 p.m., it's free to get in the door and eat their munchies. You can wash them down with $5 martini specials while listening to live jazz. And hello - glass bar. Cool stuff.
- Firehouse Food: Firehouse 12 in New Haven is the place to be on Friday nights. They've got complimentary hors d'oeuvres from Chestnut Fine Foods and half-price drafts from 4-7 p.m.
- Get your Groove On: Free salsa. Well, kind of. Mirage Lounge in Hartford offers free salsa (lessons) Thursdays from 6-9 p.m. during Happy Hour. OK, so you can't eat it, but your loved one will eat you up for the romantic gesture.