A walk-up COVID-19 vaccination clinic is being held at the Shubert Theatre in New Haven on Wednesday and Thursday.
Officials said the Moderna vaccine will be available for New Haven residents who are 18 or older and no appointment is necessary. Anyone wishing to get a vaccine is urged to bring a photo ID.
The vaccinations will be provided free of charge by Griffin Health's mobile vaccination team and will be available first come, first serve, officials added.
Get Connecticut local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Connecticut newsletters.
Anyone who gets a vaccine during this week's clinic will be able to get their second dose during the next clinic dates on May 12 and 13, also at the Shubert Theatre.
No appointment is necessary. The clinic runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.
New Haven Dept. of Health said this clinic was originally going to have Johnson & Johnson vaccines, but will now have Moderna instead.
How to Get an Appointment for a COVID-19 Vaccine in Connecticut
By phone: Call Connecticut’s Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at 877-918-2224, seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for scheduling at select sites.
Online: Schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment in VAMS, the Vaccine Administration Management System.
- Fill out the form to let the Department of Public health know you are interested in creating an account in VAMS. If you are currently eligible to receive the vaccine then you should receive an email from VAMS to complete your registration within 12 hours. Click here to create an account.
- Check for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the link in the email and create your account. You will be prompted to retrieve a code that will be emailed to you. You will need to create a password and store it in a safe place.
- If you forgot your password, the "forgot password" link on the login page can only be used if you have created a password as part of your VAMS registration.
- Complete your VAMS registration.
- The first question that will be asked in VAMS is “Have you already registered as a vaccine recipient with VAMS?” The answer to this question is “No.”
- Questions with a red asterisk are mandatory.
- Insurance information does not need to be entered.
- You will be prompted to share some additional information about yourself.
- In order for VAMS to recognize your option chosen for race, click on your choice in the box on the left and click the right-pointing arrow to move your choice to the box on the right.
- Use your zip code to search for clinics near you in VAMS.
- The system will automatically search for clinics within a 10-mile radius of your zip code, but you may choose up to 100 miles from the dropdown menu, which might provide more clinic locations in your search results.
- You might need to check multiple clinic locations to find an available appointment. Find a slot that works for you, and book your appointment.