More than 3,000 runners are showing their St. Patrick’s Day spirit by donning their green gear and heading out for the annual O’Hartford 5K Road Race.
The children’s race kicks off at 12:30 p.m. and the main event starts at 1 p.m. The race will begin on Trumbull Street in front of the XL Center.
The following roads will be closed for the race:
- Trumbull Street is closed between Asylum Avenue and Jewell Street from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Pearl Street is closed between Ann Uccello Street and Trumbull Street from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Trumbull Street is closed between Church Street and Asylum Avenue from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Pearl Street is closed between 12:30 and 2 p.m.
- Jewell Street is closed between 12:30 and 2 p.m.
- Main Street is closed between Pearl Street and Park Street from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Park Street is closed between Main Street and Park Terrace from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Park Terrace is closed between 12:30 and 2 p.m.
- Capitol Avenue is closed between Park Terrace and Trinity Street from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Trinity Street is closed between Capitol Avenue and Ford Street from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
Traditional Irish bagpipers, Celtic fiddlers and corned beef and cabbage will await runners as they cross the finish line.
For more information, visit www.HartfordMarathon.com.