Man Dies During Science Center Construction

A man was electrocuted while working on construction of the Connecticut Science Center in Hartford Friday morning.

The man, who is in his 20s, was working on an electrical system around 8:30 a.m. when he was shocked, police said. The man grabbed a high voltage line, was stuck and had to be kicked off, a worker at the site said. The man could not be revived, according to people on the scene.

Police told the Associated Press that the man was working on the heating, ventilating and air conditioning system at the time.

The man was taken to Hartford Hospital after he was given CPR at the site. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, the Associated Press reports. Police have not released the man's name and say they are still in the process of notifying his family.

Construction on the center has been going on for about three years.This is the first fatal accident on this project.

Work has been shut down for the weekend.City departments and OSHA will investigate.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us