Windsor Locks

Windsor Locks Woman Accused of Killing Dad Gave Birth the Day After: Court Docs

A Windsor Locks woman who is accused of killing her father is seven months pregnant and gave birth the day after his death, according to court documents.

Jessica Keene, 24, was taken into custody Friday evening at the Travel Inn Motel in Hartford.

The arrest came days after Windsor Locks police discovered the decomposing body of her 51 year-old father, Michael Keene, hidden inside an apartment on Main Street in Windsor Locks that they shared with others.

Court documents say Michael Keene was found in a plastic storage bin behind the couch in the living room of the apartment.

Police said they responded to the apartment to investigate after someone else in the apartment reported a foul odor and found Michael Keene, who had been stabbed in the upper neck and torso.

He had been reported missing on Thanksgiving, but was last seen on Nov. 11, police said.

Police had been to the home to take information when they received the initial missing person report but said they did not see anything that indicated a body could be concealed inside.

Jessica Keene was identified as a person of interest early in their investigation and more arrests could be made, police said.

According to court papers, Jessica Keene, who was seven months pregnant, confessed to police that she stabbed her father on Nov. 17, the night before she gave birth to a premature baby.

She told police there was an argument the night of her father’s death, he was intoxicated and she was defending herself, according to court papers. Jessica Keene’s boyfriend was also there at the time and has not been charged.

Jessica Keene’s attorney, Brian Woolf is raising questions about her confession. 

“She’s extremely distraught. She unequivocally denies ever confessing. She says she had nothing to do with her father‘s death,” Woolf said. 

Woolf said the baby is in an intensive care unit.

Jessica Keene is being held on $1 million bail and is expected to be arraigned today in Enfield, and then transferred to Hartford Superior Court.

Contact Us