- 1/2 cup pecan halves-or substitute walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. egg white-beaten until just foamy
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable Oil
- 6 cups salad greens-washed and spin dried
- 3/4 cup blue cheese-crumbled
- 2 apples-cored and sliced
- To taste salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Toss the walnuts with the egg white and sugar, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Lay out in one layer on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until toasted. Let cool and reserve.
Prepare dressing by shaking together the vinegar, honey, and mustard in a jar with a tight sealing lid. Add salt and black pepper to taste, if needed.
To present, toss dressing with the salad greens, gently coating. Divide greens on four plates and garnish with an equal amount of the blue cheese, apple slices, and toasted pecans. Enjoy!
You can visit Chef Jamie's Facebook Page here.