- ¾ cup Panko crumbs
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 4 fish fillets --your favorite fish with no skin or bones
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, spread out onto a plate for coating fish
- 2 egg whites-beaten with 2 tbsp. water in a medium-size bowl
- 3 oranges -- peeled, segments removed, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. jalapeno pepper or other favorite hot pepper-finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Vegetable spray, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F
Make the crust by combining the breadcrumbs, orange zest and lime zest. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and lay the crumbs out onto a plate for breading fish. Coat both sides of the fish fillets in the flour, shaking off excess.
Dip each fillet in the beaten egg white mixture, dripping off excess. Coat both sides of the fish fillets in breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
Place fish fillets on a cooling rack placed over a sheet pan and spray both sides with the vegetable spray until lightly moistened.
Place in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF. The fish should feel firmer and flake with a fork when done.
While the fish is baking, make salsa by combining the citrus segments, red onion, limejuice jalapeno and cilantro in a bowl.
Place the cooked fish fillets on a serving plate and top with the salsa. Enjoy!