This recipe makes about 1 quart.
- ½ cup sugar syrup (see instructions below)
- ½ cup maraschino cherry juice
- 2 cups pomegranate juice -“POM”
- ¾ cup cold filtered water
- Juice from ½ a fresh lemon
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add 1 cup of granulated sugar. Stir to dissolve and return to a boil. Cool and reserve. There will be extra left over to sweeten iced tea, lemonade, etc.
- In a bowl, combine the pomegranate juice, sugar syrup, water and lemon juice. Stir to fully combine.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve in margarita glasses and garnish with a crisp cookie, fresh berries, fresh mint and a maraschino cherry.