This recipe serves four.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1¼ cups boiling chicken or vegetable rroth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped finely
- 1 ½ cups carrots quarter-inch, diced, blanched in boiling water for 30 seconds, cooled
- 1 cup apples, quarter-inch, diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup onions, very finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 Tbsp. canola oil
- To taste, salt and pepper
- Garnish toasted flax seeds if desired
- Combine the couscous and boiling broth in a bowl, stir and cover. Let sit for five minutes to rehydrate. Uncover and fluff up and cool to room temperature.
- Combine the couscous with the sage, carrots, apples and onions. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar and honey. Gradually drizzle in the canola oil while whisking. Season to taste with salt and pepper. At service time, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Enjoy!