Ingredients for Crisp Pastry Layers:
- 12 wonton wrappers-small round or square
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat vegetable oil in deep fry pot to 350 °F. Combine sugar and ginger and lay out on plate to dredge wontons. Separate the wonton wrappers and drop in batches of 3 into the oil. Fry until a light, even golden color appears. Remove, drain briefly on paper towels, and immediately dredge in the ginger-sugar mixture. Repeat with all other wonton wrappers. Reserve for plating.
Ingredients for Lemon Whipped Cream:
- 1 up heavy or whipping cream
- 1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs. confectioners sugar
- 2 Tsp. lemon zest, grated fine
- Chill cream and mixing bowl very well.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and add the lemon zest. Gently mix to combine.
- Do not overmix or cream will turn to butter. Reserve for plating.
- 2 cups any favorite summer fruit: washed, sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, plums, etc.
To Assemble Napoleon:
- On each of four plates, place a small dallop of the cream in middle of plate.
- Stick on one layer of the crisp wonton.
- Place a dallop of cream on top.
- Add a spoonful of fresh fruit, top with another wonton.
- Repeat this process so you have two layers of fruit and cream, and three wontons.
- Dust tops with powdered sugar, garnish plate with any remaining fresh fruit, mint sprig and lemon twist.