Downtown Thursdays are back in Bridgeport!
You can put on your dancing shoes and head to McLevy Green for this summer’s concert series. This year the series, organized by the city and the Downtown Special Services District, has been expanded to 13 weeks.
“Downtown Thursdays offers free, family friendly live entertainment in an historic setting, with plenty of great restaurants within walking distance,” said Mayor Bill Finch. “During the last two years, the summer concert series has brought excitement and activity to our thriving downtown neighborhood. I’m looking forward to being a part of this year’s installment of Downtown Thursdays which offers an eclectic mix of performers that represents Bridgeport’s diverse population.”
The concert series runs every Thursday evening from June 7 to Aug. 30, starting at 5:30 p.m. The shows are family-friendly and admission is free.
Drinks and snacks will be sold each week on the Green by a local downtown restaurant.
Here’s a look at the full lineup:
- June 7 – Echo & Drake + The Stepkids
- June 14 – I Anbassa
- June 21 – Pocket Full of Soul
- June 28 – Ken Coulson + Mike Cusato Band
- July 5 – Jazz Guild of Fairfield County
- July 12 – Rick Reyes Band
- July 19 – Girls on Bikes + Hard Water
- July 26 – Connecticut Free Shakespeare presents Romeo & Juliet
- August 2 – Val Ramos Flamenco Ensemble
- August 9 – Country Night w/Yippee Coyote + Tracy DeLucia
- August 16 – Forever Motown
- August 23 – Blues Night w/Tom Forst + Dan Stevens
- August 30 - Mikata
For more information about Downtown Thursdays, log on to www.downtownthursdays.com.