The man accused of killing a father of six has rejected a plea deal.
Ibrahim Ghazal was working in his Meriden convenience store, EZ Mart, early on the morning of Wednesday, June 27 when he was shot and killed.
Frankie Resto, a convicted robber who had been released from prison early through the state's early release program, was arrested around a week and a half later and charged with murder.
Police said Ghazal gave Resto the money he demanded but then Resto shot him in the chest anyway.
Last month, a judge offered Resto a plea deal, angering the Ghazal family because they had no say in it.
The offer was to serve 40 years for the murder, but Resto said no.
Ghazal's family said they felt like they were not given a heads up about a potential plea being offered.
Usually, the prosecution calls to the family when an offer is on the table, but the family was never notified in this case.
The case will now go to trial, which is expected to start in mid-November.