Many people have been asking how to help the victims of Sandy in Connecticut and we wanted to let you know that we are teaming up with the Connecticut Food Bank, Salvation Army and the American Red Cross to collect food, warm coats, and personal care items for victims.
The NBC Connecticut Storm Relief Drive will be held on Sunday, Nov. 4, from 9 a.m. to noon in the parking lot of IKEA in New Haven, at 450 Sargent Drive, and at the Sears parking lot in West Hartford at 1445 New Britain Avenue.
Food Items Most Needed
- 100 percent fruit Juice (cans, bottles, boxes)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Chunky soups and beef stew
- Gluten-free products
- Macaroni & cheese
- Peanut butter
- Powdered milk
- Dry rice and canned beans
- Spaghetti and sauce
- Sugar free, low sodium, and no salt items
- Tuna and other canned meat
Personal Care Items Most Needed
- Shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Diapers, detergent and deodorant
- Shaving cream, razors and hairbrushes
- Warm coats
We hope to see you there.
NBC Universal networks will carry a telethon on Friday from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. to benefit victims. Money collected will be donated to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
Christina Aguilera, Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Sting are scheduled to appear.