- ½ cup EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 1 Lbs. Spinach
- Diced zucchini, 1-4 inch
- Eggplant, two pc
- ½ grated onion
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- Cooked navy beans
- Lemon juice, to taste
- EVOO, to taste
- Chopped parsley to taste
- 8 tomatoes
- ½ cup EVOO
- 2 diced shallots
Garnish with garlic chips *See recipe below.Golden Romanesco *See recipe below.
- Soak the beans overnight, then cook the beans in a court bouillon.
- Dice and very quickly sauté the zucchini.
- Combine 1 part cooked beans with 1 part sautéed zucchini. Season with salt and pepper flakes.
For the spinach:
- Cook the garlic with EVOO
- Add the spinach, sauté for one minute.
- Drain the spinach, chop the spinach, check the seasoning. Keep aside.
For the tomato concasse:
- Peel and seed the tomatoes.
- Render the diced shallot with EVOO, then add the diced tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 300 for 20 minutes.
For the charred eggplant:
- Grill the eggplant on the grill until the skin is charred and the eggplant is completely cooked. Scrape the inside of the eggplant, add the lemon juice, grated onion and EVOO.
- Season with salt and pepper.
For the garlic chips:
- With a Japanese mandoline, slice the garlic chips, blanch them three times, from cold water to a boil. Over low-medium heat, crisp up the chips in EVOO.
To assemble the tian:
- Coat a crème brulee dish with EVOO.
- Layer the bean zucchini mix, sautéed spinach, charred eggplant and finish with the tomato concasse.
Garnish with garlic chips.
Serve with golden Romanesco sauce on the side.