- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin pie-break up crust in 1/2” pieces
- 8 thin spring roll wrappers (not egg roll wrappers) 5”-6” square size
- 1 egg- beaten with 1 tbsp. water for an egg wash
- As needed vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup sugar mixed with 2 tsp. ground ginger to dredge spring roll
Lay 4 spring roll wrappers out. Brush a small amount of egg wash at each point of the wrapper and place a second wrapper evenly on top. Press to adhere. Divide the cooled filling among the wrappers in a cylinder shape leaving 3/4” of wrapper on each edge with no filling to tuck edges in. Lightly brush the egg wash on the latter 1/4 of the spring roll wrapper. Roll wrappers around filling tucking in sides, sealing the final edge.
Heat a deep fry pot half filled with vegetable oil to 350°F. Place the ginger sugar mixture in a shallow dish. Place 4 spring rolls at a time in a deep fry basket seam side down and submerge in oil. Fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Lift basket out and turn spring rolls out into the ginger sugar mixture, tossing gently to coat evenly. Divide among four serving plates. Garnish with whipped cream or ice cream and powdered sugar. Recipe serves four. Enjoy!
You can visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page here.