This recipe is enough to serve four or more as a side dish.
- 1 1/2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Quarts Water
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Cups Cauliflower Florets-preferably with stems split for even cooking
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs-peeled, chopped finely
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
Taste Of Today
• Preheat a small oven to 350°f. Toss the bread crumbs with the melted butter and olive oil until evenly coated, seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper. Spread out the bread crumb mixture onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 6 minutes or until evenly golden brown. You may need to stir slightly to evenly brown. Reserve
• Bring the water and milk to a boil. (The lactic acid in the milk helps keep the cauliflower white when cooked). Add the cauliflower in two separate batches to the rapidly boiling water for about 3 minutes or just until tendercrisp. Check by tasting one for your desired tenderness.
• While the cauliflower is cooking, place the bread crumbs in a mixing bowl and add the parsley, Parmesan cheese and chopped eggs, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Place the cooked cauliflower in a serving dish and cover with the bread crumb mixture. Enjoy!
Check out the Lincoln Culinary Institute website by clicking here.