This recipe serves four people.
- 1 Cup Farro-available in the rice section of the market
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Onions-finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Chopped Sage
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth or Water-seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
- 1 ½ Cups Butternut Squash Cubes-steamed until just tender
- 1 Cup Peeled, Diced Apple-quick sauteed in butter until tender
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
• Place the farro in a bowl and add enough water to cover. Let the grain soak for 30 minutes then drain thoroughly.
• In a heavy bottomed pot over medium meat add the olive oil and onions. Cook stirring for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add the sage, cook 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, season with salt and pepper to taste, and bring to a boil. Add the drained farro and cook over medium heat uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the liquid is nearly evaporated. Gently stir in the cooked butternut squash and apples. Enjoy!
Visit Chef Jamie’s Instagram Page here.