Chef Chris Prosperi shares his favorite recipe for skillet potatoes.
- 6 strips of bacon chopped or 1/3 cup of chopped chorizo sausage
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 pound of potatoes boiled, cooked and cooled
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Cook and reserve the potatoes. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp or heat the chorizo until warm.
Then add the whole, cooked potatoes and mash with a large spoon. Turn the heat up and then add the salt and scallions.
Continue to break up the potatoes while mixing to sear on all sides.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil if the pan is dry.
Fully incorporate the cheddar cheese. Once the cheese is melted and the potatoes are warm, serve.
This recipe makes six servings.