- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves-sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 Littleneck clams-washed well
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 8 large fresh basil leaves-cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes-split in half, seeds and water removed, diced
- To taste sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
Heat large saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds until aromatic.
Add wine, water, and clams. Cover and steam over high heat about 5 minutes until the clams are just are opened.
With a slotted spoon, transfer clams into four soup bowls reserving broth in the pot. Over low heat, whisk in the butter, add the tomatoes and basil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the broth over the steamed clams.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve with grilled or toasted French bread. Enjoy!
This recipe serves four people.
You can visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page here.