- 3 large cucumbers cut in half lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seed oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
Place the seeded and sliced cucumber in a bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1 teaspoon sugar.
Let sit for 20 minutes then drain well.
Place the cucumber slices back in the bowl and mix with sliced red onion, chopped parsley, pumpkin seed oil, and cider vinegar.
Adjust seasoning to taste with the 2 teaspoons sugar.
Place in serving bowl and chill until ready to serve. Recipe makes about 1 quart.